OREGON COAST CHILDREN'S BOOK WRITERS WORKSHOPS, SUMMER 2010
Next summer, July 12-16 and July 19-23, 2010 we proudly will present the eighth Oregon Coast Children's Book Writers Workshops, www.occbww.com, in the exquisite Oregon coast town of Oceanside. The instructors for each workshop will include five established children's book authors (between them, specializing in YA and middle school novels, picture books, non-fiction, magazine pieces, and poetry), two children's book editors from major houses, and one children's book agent. Summer Workshops 2010 promise to be our best yet because
- The instructor-student ratio will be a maximum of one to six,
- Each day, you will meet with an instructor for at least one comprehensive consultation, and
- You can have one-on-one informal meetings with instructors each day as well, and
- Every student who wishes can have an anonymous first page manuscript critique by all eight instructors in front of the class, and
- We will offer at least twelve instructional lectures on various aspects of writing and publishing, and
- There will be two evening readings/discussions by instructors, and
- Out-of-class consultations with instructors are available, and
- There will be at least three guest lectures, and
- There will be two wonderful parties (quite appropriate for friends, partners, spouses, children)
If you are ambitious to publish a children's book (or simply adore children's books), this is the workshop for you. It will allow you to connect directly with authors, editors, agents who are active in the children's book business. If you go to the website and look under Evaluations, you'll see that it's received extraordinarily high praise (some listed below).
The course is available for graduate credit.
For complete information we welcome you to visit our website at www.occbww.com
We always tend to fill up early and turn many people away who wish to attend simply because there isn't space. So, if this is of interest, you may want to register sooner than later. There's a generous refund policy (described at the website) if you decide not to attend.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Oregon Coast Children's Book Writers Workshop